About Shah Tours
- Established in 1984: over 34 years of operating.
- Family-owned company with the involvement of three different generations.
- Our own in house fleet of 4x4 safari vehicles, services and maintained internally.
- Experienced, friendly, trustful and professional staff.
- Highest quality mountain equipment.We do not believe in out-sourcing (our 4 season tents, equipment, vehicles are in house and not hired).
- Our driving principals: stay sustainable and remain responsible: KPAP / IMEC partners for porter welfare, Share Tanzania - supporting children with special needs.
Since we started in Tanzania our specialty has been climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and we have taken tens of thousands to Africa's highest summit as well as other peaks in Tanzania including Mount Meru, Mount Oldoinyo Lengai and trekking in the Ngorongoro Highlands. We also journey into the northern safari circuit taking our clients to the Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Lake Eyasi, Lake Natron and Arusha National Parks. Some of the most famous safari destinations in the world.
In addition to the standard tourist circuit, we offer cultural visits, tribal tours, waterfall experiences and many other day trips around Northern Tanzania.
Via third party partners we can also arrange for Southern Tanzania Safaris, Zanzibar beach holidays and any other exciting destination that Tanzania has to offer.
Terms and Conditions
Shah Tours Terms and Conditions
- In order to join a scheduled / fixed departure Kilimanjaro climb with Shah Tours & Travels Ltd you must select the group climb you wish to join and check the availability of space/s.
- If spaces are available, you may reserve / confirm your place on the climb by sending a registration fee / deposit to Shah Tours account.
- Places are filled up on a first come first serve basis from the date the registration deposit appears in the Shah Tour’s account.
- In case this booking is made 31 days from the date of arrival, 100% of the total amount is required to confirm it.
- In the event of there being only 1 person confirmed for the group climb, the individual will be given a choice between the three options below:
1. Proceeding with the climb alone with the support team of guide and porters
2. By selecting / reserving the space on another future group climb with the same registration fee
3. To withdraw from the climb completely and be given a refund of the registration fee / deposit submitted. Please note that Shah Tours will not be liable for any bank charges or surcharges whilst transferring the funds back.
- Once you have confirmed your place on the climb we strongly advise your latest arrival to be in time for your pre-climb briefing and dinner at the lodge indicated in your itinerary.
Payments can be made in the following ways:
- Debit / credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Mobile Money) – 4% surcharge
You can request a 3rd party payment link generated via Direct Pay Ltd. This will be sent to your inbox with instructions on how to make a payment. Kindly follow the steps to submit the payment. The payment link will only be valid for a certain period. Please note: that there is a 4% surcharge for these payment options. If you do not wish to use this payment method, please proceed with the option below. Kindly note that these options are subject to Direct Pay Ltd’s availability.
- PayPal, American Express – 5 % surcharge
You can request a 3rd party payment link generated via Direct Pay Ltd. This will be sent to your inbox with instructions on how to make a payment. Kindly follow the steps to submit the payment. The payment link will only be valid for a certain period. Please note: that there is a 5% surcharge for these payment options. If you do not wish to use this payment method, please proceed with the option below. Kindly note that these options are subject to Direct Pay Ltd’s availability.
- Wire transfer / Bank transfer – Bank charges only (sender and receiver charges)
Wire transfer directly to our bank account (please note: that there may be bank charges applicable):
Beneficiary: SHAH TOURS & TRAVELS LTD
Bank: NATIONAL BANK OF COMMERCE
Branch: MOSHI BRANCH
Account Number: 017105002569
Swift Code: NLCBTZTX
Whilst wiring funds to our account, there will be charges for these services either by the payment accepting systems or your bank. Please indicate to your bank to deduct all charges (international and domestic) from your account. The payment to the beneficiary, Shah Tours & Travels Ltd should be credited with the net / total price agreed. If there are any shortfalls in the amount received this will have to be cleared with the remaining balance. Please forward a copy of the remittance so that we can trace the transfer with our bank.
Cancellation and changes:
- Any cancellation received before 31 days of your arrival date, the deposit amount will be forfeited.
- Any cancellation received between 31 days and 48 hours before your arrival date, 50% of total price will be charged.
- Any cancellation received less than 48 hours notice 100% of total tour price will be charged.
- If there are any changes that you would like to make to the tour e.g. additional services and extensions please inform Shah Tours by the latest: 14 days prior to arrival
- The deposit is non-refundable or non-transferable to other persons if you withdraw from the climb.
- The deposit can be transferable only once to another STTKG Kilimanjaro group climb if you withdraw from the original group climb (any other scheduled group climb is subject to availability).
During the tour, if you make any changes to the original confirmed itinerary, for example if you descend the mountain earlier than stated on the itinerary, any extra costs such as additional nights’ accommodation, meal costs, transfers etc. will have to be paid for immediately as incurred.
- In case of requested refund (e.g. if you have deposited a greater amount, however the cancellation received forfeits a lower amount), the additional amount will be held as credit to offset for the future tour booking within a 365 day period. In case you require the excess amount to be transferred back into your account, Shah Tours & Travels Ltd. will not be liable for any bank charges or surcharges.
- Luggage maybe lost or delayed by the airline or transportation which can cause major problems for planned tours. We advise clients to travel with all essential items required in their hand luggage e.g. walking boots (if trekking), valuables, medication etc. Furthermore, we strongly advise clients to arrive at least two / three days prior to the start date of the tour. We will do everything possible to help during this situation, however any additional costs that may occur, e.g. extra equipment hire, transport to the airport, transportation of luggage etc. will have to be paid locally (and claimed from the company of transportation or insurance). The nature of most tours means that there can be no changes made to the itinerary due to such incidences.
Please advise the tour consultant that you are corresponding 31 days before your arrival with the method you wish to clear your remaining balance in. Here are the following options:
- Transfer the remaining balance using the payment methods noted in ‘Payment methods’ (please note the 4% surcharge or additional bank charges). The payment using these methods should be cleared 31 days prior to the start date of your itinerary.
- Pay in cash on arrival to a Shah Tours tour consultant or Shah Tours office (US $, bank notes issued/printed after 2006 are accepted, notes printed before this year are not accepted anywhere in Tanzania). In case your tour does not start in Moshi, this method to clear the remaining balance will not be possible.
- Payment on arrival by debit / credit card, with your tour consultant or online payment link. Please note that there is a 3% surcharge on the total amount that the bank charges for card transactions in person and 4% surcharge on the total amount that the bank charges for e-payments. This payment method may not be available always due to the network connection. Please note that Shah Tours & Travels Ltd. are not responsible for the card machine to operate at all times. If in case the machine is not operating, you will be required to pay in cash instead as per above guidelines.
- The number of guides, porters and cooks will be decided according to the final group size, this information will be given during your pre-climb briefing.
- You are required to arrive no later than 17:00 hours the day before the trek starts.
- Pre-climb briefing will be conducted the evening before the trek starts, and the time will be confirmed to you upon your arrival.
- Pre-climb briefing will take place once all participants for the group are present.
All participants in this booking agree, adhere to and understand the below:
- Your day-to-day itinerary and the services that are included and excluded by the company.
- The nature of the group tour suggests that you will be sharing the experience with others including the team, equipment etc.
- That you are physically and mentally capable of undertaking the chosen tour/s, and you are aware of any potential risks or hazards potentially involved during your tour/s.
- To behaving in a reasonable manner and that you will do nothing which might endanger the health and safety of any person involved in the tour or which might result in personal injury to any person or loss of or damage to property belonging to Shah Tours & Travels Ltd, its representatives, other clients or any lodges you may stay at.
- You will be held responsible (personally and financially) for any damage caused by yourself to Shah Tours & Travels Ltd, its representatives and property, other clients or any lodges you may stay at.
- If you are an East African Citizen or an East African Resident, you will bring relevant documentation as proof (e.g. valid and original passport, residency / work permit documents etc.) If the documentation is not sufficient or accepted by the National Park Authorities, you agree to submit the Non-Citizen fees.
- To inform us of any special requests and requirements, existing medical conditions, special needs etc. during your initial booking or well in advance.
- In the course of your tour, any photos taken by yourselves or staff, or written comments you make, may be published by Shah Tours & Travels Ltd for the purpose of future publicity, unless you have explicitly informed the Tour Consultant via email, prior to your arrival.
- Shah Tours & Travels Ltd will not be responsible for the loss, damage or accident to any luggage and personal belongings.
- Shah Tours & Travels Ltd will do the best to ensure your safety and will take necessary precautions in case of emergencies however we will not be held responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur to you as an individual.
- Shah Tours & Travels Ltd shall have no liability to you for any costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising due to damage or loss of personal belongings, accidents or injuries, damage caused by yourself to other persons, other person’s property, property of Shah Tours & Travels Ltd or any other arising during the tour.
- Neither party shall be liable for any breach of its obligations resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including fire, natural disaster, civil strife, natural disaster, industrial dispute, strikes of employees, adverse weather conditions and similar events outside our control.
You acknowledge that by submitting the required deposit and confirming the itinerary, you automatically agree, adhere to and understand all terms and conditions stated in this document.