Climb package price per person (sharing): *Subject to group size, please contact us for a custom itinerary.
- 1 x night accommodation at Chanya Lodge on BB basis before trek (sharing basis)
- 1 x night accommodation at Chanya lodge on BB basis after trek (sharing basis)
- Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA) conservation fees, entry fees, rescue fees, camping fees as applicable to the planned itinerary
- Kilimanjaro National park trained and certified English-speaking guide/s
- Trained and certified porters monitored by KPAP ensuring fair treatment (1 porter per person for personal mountain luggage of 15kg max.)
- Trained cook / chef and eating utensils (including cutlery and crockery)
- Meals indicated on the itinerary [B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner]
- 1 x transfer from Moshi to Park Gate per group and 1 x transfer from park gate to Moshi per group
- Safe and luggage storage at Chanya lodge while on trek
- Boiled drinking water on trek (from first camp onwards)
- Basic first aid kit per group
- Camping chair/s, table/s, dining / mess tent
- High-quality four seasons tent per two passengers sharing
- Shared use of public toilet facilities at campsites
- 1 emergency oxygen cylinder per group
- Additional acclimatization day on trek
- 1 x basic sleeping mat per person
Optional extras available at a surcharge:
- Single tent/room supplement
- Supplemental oxygen or additional emergency oxygen cylinders
- Comfort upgrades such as a personal portable toilet, fold-able bed, larger tent etc.
- Airport or other transfers
- Additional transfers from park gates to Moshi
- Domestic flights
- Extra nights’ accommodation
- Flying Doctors Emergency Evacuation membership
- Personal mountain equipment such as sleeping bags, walking poles, duffel bags etc.
- International flights
- Tips / gratuities (see our tipping guide )
- Water on first day of trek
- Beverages such as soft drinks, alcohol etc.
- Metal & hard plastic water bottles, water bladders etc. (note: no soft plastics are permitted on the mountain)
- Items of personal nature: i.e visa, high altitude trekking insurance,
- Any items not mentioned in the includes section
Terms and Conditions
Itinerary Terms and Conditions
- Reservations: a deposit of a certain percentage value of your tour / services is required at the time of booking to secure your reservation.
- Once the deposit is received in Shah Tour’s bank account, your booking will be secured thereafter.
- In case this booking is made 31 days from the date of arrival, 100% of the total amount is required to confirm it.
Payments can be made in the following ways:
- Debit / credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex), PayPal, mobile money
You can request a 3rd party payment link generated via Direct Pay Ltd. This will be sent to your inbox with instructions on how to make a payment. Kindly follow the steps to submit the payment. The payment link will only be valid for a certain period. Please note: that there is a 5% surcharge for these payment options. If you do not wish to use this payment method, please proceed with the option below. Kindly note that these options are subject to Direct Pay Ltd’s availability.
- Wire transfer / Bank transfer
Wire transfer directly to our bank account (please note: that there may be bank charges applicable):
- Beneficiary: SHAH TOURS & TRAVELS LTD
- Bank: NATIONAL BANK OF COMMERCE
- Branch: MOSHI BRANCH
- Account Number: 017105002569
- Swift Code: NLCBTZTX
Whilst wiring funds to our account, there will be charges for these services either by the payment accepting systems or your bank. Please indicate to your bank to deduct all charges (international and domestic) from your account. The payment to the beneficiary, Shah Tours & Travels Ltd should be credited with the net / total price agreed. If there are any shortfalls in the amount received this will have to be cleared with the remaining balance. Please forward a copy of the remittance so that we can trace the transfer with our bank.
Cancellation and changes
- Any cancellation received before 31 days of your arrival date, 20% of the total tour cost will be forfeited.
- Any cancellation received between 31 days and 48 hours before your arrival date, 50% of total price will be charged.
- Any cancellation received less than 48 hours notice 100% of total tour price will be charged.
- If there are any changes that you would like to make to the tour e.g. additional services and extensions please inform Shah Tours by the latest: 14 days prior to arrival
- During the tour, if you make any changes to the original confirmed itinerary, for example if you descend the mountain earlier than stated on the itinerary, any extra costs such as additional nights’ accommodation, meal costs, transfers etc. will have to be paid for immediately as incurred.
- In case of requested refund (e.g. if you have deposited a greater amount, however the cancellation received forfeits a lower amount), the additional amount will be held as credit to offset for the future tour booking within a 365 day period. In case you require the excess amount to be transferred back into your account, Shah Tours & Travels Ltd. will not be liable for any bank charges or surcharges.
- Luggage maybe lost or delayed by the airline or transportation which can cause major problems for planned tours. We advise clients to travel with all essential items required in their hand luggage e.g. walking boots (if trekking), valuables, medication etc. Furthermore, we strongly advise clients to arrive at least two / three days prior to the start date of the tour. We will do everything possible to help during this situation, however any additional costs that may occur, e.g. extra equipment hire, transport to the airport, transportation of luggage etc. will have to be paid locally (and claimed from the company of transportation or insurance). The nature of most tours means that there can be no changes made to the itinerary due to such incidences.
Please advise the tour consultant that you are corresponding 31 days before your arrival with the method you wish to clear your remaining balance in.
Here are the following options
- Transfer the remaining balance using the payment methods noted above (please note the 5% surcharge or additional bank charges). The payment using these methods should be cleared 31 days prior to the start date of your itinerary.
- Pay in cash on arrival at Shah Tours office or via a consultant (US $, bank notes issued/printed after 2006 are accepted, notes printed before this year are not accepted anywhere in Tanzania). In case your tour does not start in Moshi, this method to clear the remaining balance will not be possible.
- Payment on arrival by debit / credit card at Shah Tours office or via a consultant. Please note that there is a 3% surcharge on the total amount that the bank charges for card transactions or a 5% surcharge for an online payment link with DPO. This payment method may not be available always due to the network connection. Please note that Shah Tours & Travels Ltd. are not responsible for the card machine to operate at all times. If in case the machine is not operating, you will be required to pay in cash instead as per above guidelines.
All participants in this booking agree, adhere to and understand the below:
- Your day-to-day itinerary and the services that are included and excluded by the company as well as the services that may incur a surcharge.
- That you are physically and mentally capable of undertaking the chosen tour/s, and you are aware of any potential risks or hazards potentially involved during your tour/s.
- To behaving in a reasonable manner and that you will do nothing which might endanger the health and safety of any person involved in the tour or which might result in personal injury to any person or loss of or damage to property belonging to Shah Tours & Travels Ltd, its representatives, other clients or any accommodation you use.
- You will be held responsible (personally and financially) for any damage caused by yourself to Shah Tours & Travels Ltd, its representatives and property, other clients or partners.
- If you are an East African Citizen or an East African Resident, you will bring relevant documentation as proof (e.g. valid and original passport, residency / work permit documents etc.) If the documentation is not sufficient or accepted by the National Park Authorities, you agree to submit the Non-Citizen fees.
- To inform us of any special requests and requirements, existing medical conditions, special needs etc. during your initial booking or well in advance.
- In the course of your tour, any photos taken by yourselves or staff, or written comments you make, may be published by Shah Tours & Travels Ltd for the purpose of future publicity, unless you have explicitly informed the Tour Consultant via email, prior to your arrival.
- Shah Tours & Travels Ltd will not be responsible for the loss, damage or accident to any luggage and personal belongings.
- Shah Tours & Travels Ltd will do the best to ensure your safety and will take necessary precautions in case of emergencies however we will not be held responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur to you as an individual.
- Shah Tours & Travels Ltd shall have no liability to you for any costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising due to damage or loss of personal belongings, accidents or injuries, damage caused by yourself to other persons, other person’s property, property of Shah Tours & Travels Ltd or any other arising during the tour.
- Neither party shall be liable for any breach of its obligations resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including fire, natural disaster, civil strife, natural disaster, industrial dispute, strikes of employees, adverse weather conditions and similar events outside our control.
You acknowledge that by submitting the required deposit and confirming the itinerary, you automatically agree, adhere to and understand all terms and conditions stated in this document.